One of the things I’ve found really difficult about reportage is being candid with a huge DSLR. By the time I’ve sorted out my settings the moment has usually passed or the people involved are made uncomfortable by the obvious presence of a camera. I’m beginning to think that the ‘decisive moment’ is about being in the right place at the right time, which is more to do with luck than design, or the moment is staged to look spontaneous. More like the moment after!
I therefore decided to practice with a small pocket sized camera, which means that some of these images are more about research for my workbook than production of the final 20.
What I was trying to do was take images that each had a small story of their own to tell. Not necessarily a complete tale maybe just something that would leave the viewer with a question or perhaps an impression about the person in the picture.







No comments:
Post a Comment