I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Vivian Maier! What an amazing photographer she was. I love her ability to capture the detail. How she managed to focus the viewer on what she wanted us to see in the picture. She had an incredible eye for the interesting, the absurd, or simply life in all its ordinariness. I found myself looking for those kinds of shots in my own pictures. I have tried to plan (to a degree) what shots I might take, how I would set them up, how I could make the same picture more interesting by coming at it from a different perspective. I think she’s made me braver with my picture taking too. I’m not afraid of chopping peoples heads off if I think it will help to define better, the important elements of the photograph. Although a lot more gritty, I found Darcy Pardilla’s work (Darcy was part of a previous April blog) reflected this. Some favourites | draft | 12/04/2011 | by Michelle |
Some examples of her influence in my own work
1 sand crab
2 boy eye drops
3. Mirror
4. Orator
5. Expressions









No comments:
Post a Comment